USNEI Web Policies and Disclaimer
USNEI's information policies include the following commitments:
- To provide the best information available on education systems, structures, procedures, and policies in order to promote international educational exchanges;
- To provide referral links as necessary in order to put people in touch with those who can answer specific questions, provide direct assistance, or make appropriate policy decisions across the decentralized U.S. education system;
- To effectively represent the U.S. education community in public international education information networks in cooperation with recognized policymaking bodies in the public and private sectors; and
- To honor the diversity and autonomy of the U.S. education system, and the spirit and letter of international educational agreements to which the United States is a party, by serving exclusively as an information center and not as a policymaking body on credential recognition, admissions, or mobility issues, which by U.S. law and practice are reserved to other competent authorities.
In addition, USNEI publishes the following special disclaimers regarding the U.S. and international Web resources to which we link. These disclaimers supplement, they do not replace, the Web policies and disclaimers of the U.S. Department of Education.
- USNEI is a public access website that is sponsored by a federal government agency, and therefore it operates under rules that may differ from those governing private sector home pages.
- USNEI confines its links to public sector websites providing official information and to private sector websites only when they provide a free public service, are not restricted by financial subscription, are approved and linked to by other agencies and governments, and compliment the public information purpose of USNEI.
- The inclusion of information or links on this site from sources outside the U.S. Department of Education is done for purposes of information-sharing only and does not imply endorsement of any such information, products, or services by USNEI or the U.S. Department of Education.
- The absence of information or links from this site to sources outside USNEI does not imply a negative value or policy judgement by USNEI or the U.S. Department of Education regarding the information, products, or services available from non-linked sources.
- USNEI and the U.S. Department of Education are not responsible for the contents, site use conditions, or information products and policies of external websites that can be reached via links from the USNEI site. Visitors to these sites are hereby advised that when they exit the USNEI site they must abide by the policies established by the Webmaster of the site they are entering.
- Some of the international websites linked to from USNEI only provide information in a foreign language, usually the official language of the country hosting the site. We link to these sites because they provide important public information available nowhere else. USNEI is not responsible for the language or operating conditions of other sites.
- External websites linked to by USNEI are compliant with the security requirements of the U.S. Department of Education. Nevertheless, we remind users that neither USNEI nor the U.S. Department of Education accept responsibility for conditions or features on external Web sites that may affect users' equipment and over which we have no control.
- U.S. federal website contents, including that of USNEI, are in the public domain. However, this does not necessarily apply to any information, product, or service featured on external sites outside the domain of USNEI and the U.S. Department of Education and that do not originate with us. Please refer to the use agreement of any external site you visit, the copyright statements in any non-government products, or the terms and conditions of any externally provided service for instructions, restrictions, and guidelines. If you have a question, please contact the webmaster of the external site.
- The general policies governing this site are stated in the ED.gov Style Guide and ED.gov Management ad Publishing Policies. USNEI summarizes some of the key policies below. The content of this home page, and home pages linked from it, shall:
- Be related to the mission of USNEI and the International Affairs Office;
- Provide accurate and reliable education information;
- Provide free public access information;
- Be non-commercial or not otherwise give the impression that a link implies endorsement of a given product, service, or position; and
- Avoid illegal or other prohibited or restricted electronic activity.
- Linked sites shall also be technically stable and reliable linkages; be accessible at different user levels (disabilities, low bandwidth, text only, etc.) to the extent practicable; and be regularly maintained.
- Responsibility for maintaining the contents of this Web site lies with USNEI as a component activity of the International Affairs Office, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education.
Return to USNEI Home Page
Last Modified: 11/26/2007