OSERS: Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
Current Section

Opening Doors: Technology and Communication Options for Children with Hearing Loss

Where Do I Turn?

Four valuable service systems available to you and your family are:

  • state services such as early intervention (for eligible children up to the third birthday) and special education and related services (for eligible preschoolers and school-aged children);

  • organizations specializing in hearing loss and deafness that provide information and support;

  • resource and information centers that can offer information about national and state resources and education rights; and

  • parent groups, in which you can talk with other parents who also have children with hearing impairments or deafness.

The National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY) can help you connect with any of these systems. Contact NICHCY at:

P.O. Box 1492
Washington, DC 20013

Phone: 1-800-695-0285 (V/TTY)

E-mail: nichcy@aed.org

Web: www.nichcy.org


< Previous | Table of Contents | Next >

Print this page Printable view Send this page Share this page
Last Modified: 01/04/2007