Visit our group on OER Commons to find resources developed with the support of IFLE grant funding.
IFLE runs a variety of grant competitions each year and we are always seeking specialists to serve as peer reviewers.
To sign up to be a peer reviewer, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and also register in the G5 system.
FLYER: – PDF (444K)
The International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office administers Title VI (domestic) and Fulbright-Hays (overseas) grant and fellowship programs that strengthen foreign language instruction, area/international studies teaching and research, professional development for educators, and curriculum development at the K-12, graduate, and postsecondary levels.
- Respond to the ongoing national need for individuals with expertise and competence in world languages and area or international studies
- Advance national security by developing a pipeline of highly proficient linguists and experts in critical world regions
- Contribute to developing a globally competent workforce able to engage with a multilingual and multicultural clientele at home and abroad
- Expand access to international and foreign language learning, especially for traditionally underserved students.
- Support teaching and research on critical world regions, languages, and issues
- Introduction to IFLE – The Basics (Video Presentation): Stream on YouTube
- Google Map of IFLE FY 2022 Grantees
- One-page Overview of IFLE Programs: PDF (87K)
- IFLE Programs by Type: PDF (129K)
- Program Press Kits
Programs Authorized Under Title VI of the Higher Education Act
Title VI programs offer domestic grants to institutions of higher education to develop and maintain capacity and performance in area/international studies and world languages.
- American Overseas Research Centers
- Business and International Education
- Centers for International Business Education
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
- International Research and Studies
- Language Resource Centers
- National Resource Centers
- Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language Program
Programs Authorized Under the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act (Fulbright-Hays Act)
Fulbright-Hays programs provide overseas funding to current and prospective U.S. educators to participate in advanced overseas study and research.
- Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowships
- Faculty Research Abroad
- Group Projects Abroad
- Seminars Abroad
News and Information
- OER Commons Repository of Materials Developed with IFLE Grant Support
- Travel Abroad Safety and Health
- Opportunities for Teachers: MS Word (45K)
- BeGlobalReady Initiative
- For IFLE Grantees: Engage with IFLE
- Internship Opportunities with IFLE
- Applicant and Grantee Resources from the Office of Postsecondary Education
- International Education Archived Resources
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Postsecondary Education
International and Foreign Language Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20202
Telephone: (202) 453-6950
Fax: (202) 453-5780