The International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office brings you the Go Global ED Podcast. On the Go Global ED Podcast, we speak with IFLE grant and fellowship recipients to highlight their experiences, discuss issues in international and foreign language education, share advice on the application process, and explore the long-term value and impact of IFLE programs.
1. Introduction – A Conversation with Cheryl Gibbs, Senior Director, IFLE about International Education Week and 60 Years of the Fulbright-Hays Program
2. An Interview with Dr. Ida Rousseau Mukenge, a Five-time Fulbrighter, who created two Fulbright-Hays Group Projects abroad during her career at Morehouse College
3. An Interview with Amy Barsanti, Second Grade Teacher and 2021 Fulbright-Hays Seminar Abroad participant to Iceland
4. An Interview with Dr. Corey Holmes, Senior Professional Staff Member/Foreign Policy Advisor for the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, and Global Human Rights 2017-18 Fulbright-Hays Group Project Abroad Fellow to South Africa
5. An Interview with Dr. Diana Chioma Famakinwa, Assistant Director, African Studies Program at the University of Wisconsin, Madison and a 2018-19 Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Abroad Research Fellow to Nigeria
6. Title VI Deep Dive: Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language Program (UISFL). A conversation with Tanyelle Richardson, (IFLE) and Bill Phelan (Cornell University, 2018 institutional recipient of a UISFL grant)
7. An Interview with Dr. David Flaten, Ph.D., Professor of History at Tompkins Cortland Community College, which benefitted from part of Cornell University’s 2018 UISFL grant.
8. An Interview with Dr. David Holmberg, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Anthropology at Cornell University. Dr. Pamela Maimer (IFLE) speaks with David about his two Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad (FRA) awards.
9. An Interview with Karen Awura-Adjoa Ronke Coker, Ph.D. student and two-time recipient of a Title VI Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) fellowship for the Wolof language through the University of Florida’s Center for African Studies.
10. An Interview with Karnisha Hormeku and Damaris Dunn. This past summer, Karnisha and Damaris participated in a Fulbright-Hays Group Project Abroad short-term seminar to Ghana. The Fulbright-Hays Group Project Abroad was awarded to the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, was led by Dr. Jamila Lyiscott, and was entitled “Teachers Becoming Learners of Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in Ghana.”
11. An Interview with two Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Project Directors (PD’s). Joanna Kukielka-Blaser, Director of Fulbright Scholar and Fulbright-Hays Programs in the Office of International Affairs at The Ohio State University and Mark Lilleleht, the Fulbright Coordinator at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Joanna and Mark share their respective experiences serving as DDRA PD’s.
12. Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad Deep Dive. Hear from several 2023 program participants and Norma Gonzalez, the Executive Director of the Fulbright Commission in Argentina, to learn about who participates in seminars, the curriculum projects participants complete during seminars, and some considerations for those thinking about applying for the program.
Interested in sharing your experience on a Fulbright-Hays or Title VI program as a future guest on the Go Global ED Podcast? Email us: IFLE@ed.gov