The U.S. Department of Education’s International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office is thrilled to announce the inaugural Fulbright-Hays summit to be held virtually on November 17, 2020.
The summit will be an opportunity to learn about the three Fulbright-Hays programs administered by the U.S. Department of Education:
- Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Fellowships Program
- Group Projects Abroad (GPA) Program
- Seminars Abroad (SA) Program
Summit attendees will hear directly from program officers and U.S. teachers, students, and professionals who have benefited directly from participating in Fulbright-Hays programs.
- Opening Remarks by Paul Winfree, chair of the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, and Gary Thomas, Director of the Fulbright-Hays Overseas Programs
- Keynote Address by Leela Hazzah, Executive Director and Co-Founder of Lion Guardians, Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship Alumna, named among the Top 10 CNN Heroes of 2014
- Panel Discussions with program alumni on dissertation research experiences, language learning experiences, and the impact of the Fulbright-Hays programs on their careers
- Closing Remarks by Cheryl Gibbs, senior director, IFLE
Summit Program Booklet
- Download the summit program booklet here (PDF, 4.49M)
- Stream the event starting at 1:00pm ET on November 17, 2020 at: https://mediasite.ed.gov/webcast/Play/0a71f1da3aa44a8ab000c13f555dcf791d
- A recording of the event will also be posted to IFLE’s YouTube Channel.
If you have questions about the Fulbright-Hays programs, you may email them to: