Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
- The FAQ can be found here. (specifically, FAQ #36)
- HEERF 2021 Annual Performance Report
- HEERF 2021 State By State
- Community Colleges By the Numbers
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities By the Numbers
- Minority Serving Institutions By the Numbers
- Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities By the Numbers
HEERF Quarterly Reporting Webinar Information
- Updated HEERF Quarterly Reporting Webinar(June 23, 2022)
- Quarterly Technical Assistance Webinar Notes (June 23, 2022)
- HEERF Quarterly Reporting Changes (June 17, 2022)
- Quarterly Reporting PowerPoint Presentation (November 16, 2021)
- Quarterly Reporting Tips (November 16, 2021)
Public Quarterly Reporting Requirements
- Quarterly Public Reporting Form for (HEERF I, II, III) (a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(3), and (a)(4) Institutional and Student Portion
- HEERF Quarterly Reporting Form (PDF) (177 KB) | (July 07, 2022)
Additional Considerations and Requirements
- Reports for the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, and 3rd quarter should be conspicuously posted on the institution’s website by October 10, 2021 (1st quarter: January-March; 2nd quarter: April-June; 3rd quarter: July-September).
- Reports for the 4th quarter, October-December, should be posted on the institution's website by January 10, 2022.
- The Student Aid reports should include detailed responses to the seven elements as described in the HEERF Student Aid Portion Public Reporting Requirement.
- Quarterly reports should appear on separate documents by quarter and should not be cumulative.
- Institutions that expended HEERF grant funds during the calendar quarter from January 1 – March 30, 2021 are required to post the quarterly report that involved the expenditure of HEERF I CARES Act funds and HEERF II CRRSAA. The Department did not previously affirm this reporting requirement for HEERF II CRRSAA funds. As such, institutions may have until the end of the second calendar quarter, June 30, 2021, to post these retroactive reports if they have not already done so.
- Institutions are encouraged to submit Institutional and Student Aid quarterly reports to the Department of Education by emailing them as PDF attachments to HEERFreporting@ed.gov.
Annual Performance Reporting Requirements
Reporting Period: All institutions of higher education that received HEERF grant awards are required to submit a HEERF Annual Report. The next reporting cycle is the Year 3 report covering January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2022. The HEERF Annual Report portal will open on March 6, 2023, and will close on March 24, 2023. As applicable, please ensure your institution submit the Year 3 report within this timeframe, March 6-24, 2023. Once the portal closes, revisions and submissions will not be accepted.