Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Public Quarterly Reporting Requirements
- Quarterly Public Reporting Form for (HEERF I, II, III) (a)(1), (a)(2), and (a)(3) Institutional Portion
- Quarterly Public Reporting Requirement for (HEERF I, II, III) (a)(1) and (a)(4) Student Aid Portion
- HEERF Student Aid Portion Public Reporting Requirement (May 13, 2021)
Additional Considerations and Requirements
- Reports for the 1st quarter and 2nd quarter should be conspicuously posted on the institution’s website by July 10, 2021 (1st quarter: January-March; 2nd quarter: April-June).
- The Student Aid reports should include detailed responses to the seven elements as described in the HEERF Student Aid Portion Public Reporting Requirement.
- Quarterly reports should appear on separate documents by quarter and should not be cumulative.
- Institutions that expended HEERF grant funds during the calendar quarter from January 1 – March 30, 2021 are required to post the quarterly report that involved the expenditure of HEERF I CARES Act funds and HEERF II CRRSAA. The Department did not previously affirm this reporting requirement for HEERF II CRRSAA funds. As such, institutions may have until the end of the second calendar quarter, June 30, 2021, to post these retroactive reports if they have not already done so.
- Institutions are encouraged to submit Institutional and Student Aid quarterly reports to the Department of Education by emailing them as PDF attachments to HEERFreporting@ed.gov.
Annual Performance Reporting Requirements
Reporting Period: The reporting period for the HEERF Annual Report will begin on January 1, 2021 and ends on December 31, 2021.
The Department will be collecting an annual report for HEERF III ARP grantees in early 2022. The Department will share more information regarding this annual report, which will also require institutions to report on their uses of any remaining HEERF I CARES Act funds and HEERF II CRRSAA funds, in advance of the ARP annual reporting deadline.