Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
The FAQ can be found here.
HEERF Quarterly Reporting Webinar Information
- Quarterly Reporting PowerPoint Presentation (November 16, 2021)
- Quarterly Reporting Tips (November 16, 2021)
Public Quarterly Reporting Requirements
- Quarterly Public Reporting Form for (HEERF I, II, III) (a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(3), and (a)(4) Institutional and Student Portion
- HEERF Quarterly Reporting Form (PDF) (177 KB) | (July 07, 2022)
Additional Considerations and Requirements
- Reports for the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, and 3rd quarter should be conspicuously posted on the institution’s website by October 10, 2021 (1st quarter: January-March; 2nd quarter: April-June; 3rd quarter: July-September).
- Reports for the 4th quarter, October-December, should be posted on the institution's website by January 10, 2022.
- The Student Aid reports should include detailed responses to the seven elements as described in the HEERF Student Aid Portion Public Reporting Requirement.
- Quarterly reports should appear on separate documents by quarter and should not be cumulative.
- Institutions that expended HEERF grant funds during the calendar quarter from January 1 – March 30, 2021 are required to post the quarterly report that involved the expenditure of HEERF I CARES Act funds and HEERF II CRRSAA. The Department did not previously affirm this reporting requirement for HEERF II CRRSAA funds. As such, institutions may have until the end of the second calendar quarter, June 30, 2021, to post these retroactive reports if they have not already done so.
- Institutions are encouraged to submit Institutional and Student Aid quarterly reports to the Department of Education by emailing them as PDF attachments to HEERFreporting@ed.gov.
Annual Performance Reporting Requirements
Reporting Period: The reporting period for the HEERF Annual Report will begin on January 1, 2021 and ends on December 31, 2021.
The Department will be collecting an annual report for HEERF grantees beginning April 11th - May 06th 2022. The Department will share more information regarding this annual report, to all individuals listed on the GAN, or who serve as submitters/editors for the 2020 HEERF annual report. The report will also require institutions to report on their uses of any remaining HEERF I CARES Act funds and HEERF II CRRSAA funds, in advance of the ARP annual reporting deadline.