Public and Nonprofit Institutions (a)(1)
Note: Students cannot apply for assistance directly from the U.S. Department of Education but should contact their institutions for further information and guidance. Institutions have the responsibility of determining how grants will be distributed to students, how the amount of each student grant is calculated, and the development of any instructions or directions that are provided to students about the grant.
How to Apply for Funding: HEERF II-Student Aid Portion (CFDA 84.425E)
Note: Application is only required if institution did not receive a CARES Act HEERF Student Aid Portion award.
- Instructions for Application
- Grants.gov Submission Procedures and Tips for Applicants
- How to upload a Workspace
- Applicant Overview Training for Grants.gov
- Training Resources for Grants.gov
- Endowment Excise Tax Form for Submission
- Note: Only institutions subject to the tax described are required to complete and submit this form once.
Letter from the Acting Assistant Secretary (February 25, 2021)
Letter from the Acting Assistant Secretary (January 14, 2021)
Note: This is for institutions that did NOT receive CARES Act HEERF Student Aid Portion funding. This completed form must be submitted on Grants.gov as part of the application process.
Note: This is for institutions that did receive CARES Act HEERF Student Aid Portion funding. This document is provided for reference as an example of the agreement that will be attached to your institution’s supplemental Grant Award Notification (GAN) when the supplement is automatically made.
Frequently Asked Questions
- (a)(1) Frequently Asked Questions (Issued January 14, 2021, revised March 19, 2021)
Return to the CRRSAA HEERF II Website here.