Public and Nonprofit Institutions (a)(1)
Note: Students cannot apply for assistance directly from the U.S. Department of Education but should contact their institutions for further information and guidance. Institutions have the responsibility of determining how grants will be distributed to students, how the amount of each student grant is calculated, and the development of any instructions or directions that are provided to students about the grant.
How to Apply for Funding: HEERF III-Institutional Aid Portion (ALN 84.425F)
Note: Application is only required if institution did not receive a HEERF Student Aid Portion award.
- Instructions for Application
- Grants.gov Submission Procedures and Tips for Applicants
- Guide to how to apply for funding in Grants.gov
- How to upload a Workspace
- Applicant Overview Training for Grants.gov
- Training Resources for Grants.gov
Note: This is for institutions that did NOT receive HEERF Student Aid Portion funding. This completed form must be submitted on Grants.gov as part of the application process.
Note: This is for institutions that did receive HEERF Institutional funding. This document is provided for reference as an example of the agreement that will be attached to your institution’s supplemental Grant Award Notification (GAN) when the supplement is automatically made.
Frequently Asked Questions
- ARP HEERF III Section 2003 Frequently Asked Questions (Issued May 11, 2021)
Return to the ARP HEERF III Website here.