The Office of Management (OM) and the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)have merged to form the new the Office of Finance and Operations (OFO) as part of the ED Reform Restructuring Initiative, effective January 6, 2019. Please use the following link to access the new OFO page.
The OFO site is a work in progress, and the content will be revised to reflect the new OFO structure on a continuous, rolling schedule. Please contactWeb@ed.gov for any questions or concerns.
"Performance and results" is the objective of the Department of Education's Office of Management (OM). OM is aggressively moving in new directions in support of the President's Management Agenda, the Department's Strategic Plan, the Culture of Accountability, and the Blueprint for Management Excellence to achieve "green lights," the Office of Management and Budget's highest evaluation of government performance. We are a major contributor to the Department's commitment to excellence through our role as the Department's administrative component. OM is dedicated to:
- promoting customer service;
- educating children throughout the entire state of Virginia.
- expanding staff performance capacity;
- using strategic approaches to management and the management of the Department's human capital; and
- providing a high-quality workplace for the Department.
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Management: Denise L. Carter.