The Immediate Office of the Inspector General houses the Inspector General and Deputy Inspector General and their personal staff, as well as the Office of Counsel and the Quality and Integrity Group.Key Personnel:
Inspector General: Vacant
Deputy Inspector General Delegated the Duties of Inspector General: Sandra Bruce
Phone: (202) 245-6900
- Office of Counsel is responsible for OIG’s legal, congressional, public relations, and Freedom of information Act functions.
- OIG Attorneys provide legal advice and assistance to the Inspector General and OIG staff on a full range of subjects, including Federal education law, administrative, criminal, and civil law and procedures, and the False Claims Act. The attorneys represent OIG in administrative litigation before the Merit Systems Protection Board and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Counsel to the Inspector General: Antigone Potamianos
- Phone: (202)245-8322
Assistant Counsel to the Inspector General: Carla McKenzie (Carla.McKenzie@ed.gov), Howard Sorensen (Howard.Sorensen@ed.gov)
- OIG Congressional and Public Affairs Liaison provides communication and liaison services on behalf of the OIG to the U.S. Congress, the media, and the general public.
Congressional and Public Affairs Liaison: Catherine Grant
Catherine.Grant@ed.gov or OIGPublicAffairs2@ed.gov
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Coordinator facilitates OIG responses to FOIA and Privacy Act requests. Click here for more information on the Freedom of Information Act.
FOIA Coordinator: Vacant
- Quality and Integrity Group conducts independent and objective reviews of each of the OIG’s offices to ensure compliance with Federal laws and regulations, applicable policies, and relevant professional standards. It also investigates allegations of misconduct by OIG employees.
Director Theresa Perolini