OCR WEBINAR ON DUE PROCESS PROTECTIONS UNDER TITLE IX
July 22, 2020
OCR’s Center for Outreach, Prevention, Education, and Non-discrimination (OPEN Center) is pleased to release its latest webinar discussing the due process protections contained the Department’s new Title IX Rule.
The webinar is available here: https://youtu.be/48UwobtiKDI
OCR released a companion webinar, New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault, on July 7, 2020.
Other Title IX technical assistance materials include:
- OCR Webinar: Title IX Regulations Addressing Sexual Harassment
- Title IX Fact Sheet: Overview of Final Title IX Regulations
- Summary of Major Provisions of the Department of Education's Title IX Final Rule
- Questions and Answers for Postsecondary Institutions Regarding the COVID-19 National Emergency
- OCR Blog: The New Title IX: Rule, Excluding Reliance on a Party’s Statements When the Sexual Harassment at Issue Consists of Verbal Conduct
- OCR Blog: Schools Must Post Important Information Regarding Title IX on School Websites under the New Title IX Rule
If you have questions about the new Title IX Rule or require technical assistance, please contact T9questions@ed.gov
As a reminder, the Department’s Title IX Rule becomes effective on August 14, 2020, and OCR will not enforce the Rule prior to that date. The rule is not retroactive, once effective.