OCR WEBINAR ON CIVIL RIGHTS AND COVID-19
July 09, 2020
OCR’s Center for Outreach, Prevention, Education, and Non-discrimination (OPEN Center) is pleased to present a new webinar providing an overview of the resources OCR has issued to assist schools as they navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. The webinar is available here.
The webinar covers a number of important documents released by OCR during the pandemic, including:
- Letter from Assistant Secretary Marcus to Education Leaders on Preventing and Addressing potential discrimination associated with COVID-19. (March 4, 2020): https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/correspondence/stakeholders/20200304-
- Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students (March 16, 2020): https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/ocr-coronavirus-fact-sheet.pdf
- Supplemental Fact Sheet Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities (March 21, 2020): https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/frontpage/faq/rr/policyguidance/
- Questions and Answers for Postsecondary Institutions Regarding the COVID-19 National Emergency (May 12, 2020): https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/20200512-qa-psi-covid-19.pdf
- OCR Short Webinar on Online Education and Website Accessibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCMLk4cES6A&t
We hope that you find this webinar informative and share it with colleagues, parents, and students.
For additional questions and technical assistance, please contact OPEN@ed.gov.
For the most up-to-date information from around the Department on COVID-19, please visit the Department’s Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel, available at www.ed.gov/coronavirus.