ED's Hiring Information/Recruiting Enhancement System
The Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, marital status or political affiliation.
- No Fear Act Statistical Report
- How to Apply
- Plan for Employment of People with Disabilities (MS Word, 296K)
- EdHIRES Vacancies
- EdHIRES Vacancy Appendix
- EDStart Online - Information for New Hires
- Benefits of Working for the Department of Education
- Student Volunteer Internship Program
- USA Jobs
- Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserves (PDF, 1.3MB)
EdHIRES is the Department of Education's Hiring Information and Recruiting Enhancement System. It is an automated e-Recruitment system that converts ED from a paper-based recruitment process to an automated business process and is designed to assist applicants in finding and applying for ED jobs. Prospective applicants will now have the capability to prepare and submit applications to ED via the Internet.
Some impressive features of EdHIRES are:
- It's fast, free and easy to use. The need for completing the time consuming applications and supplemental statements has been eliminated. You will not have to wait for months to have your application processed. You only need access to the Internet to use it anytime—even from home.
- It provides you with a more efficient standardized hiring process.
- It allows you to get e-mail notification of the status of your application.
- It allows access to all ED job openings for which you are eligible to apply. The online registration process is simple. Answer a series of questions about the different types of jobs you're interested in, submit your qualifications, or even attach your resume. You can also search and review open vacancy announcements and apply on-line.
- It keeps your profile in the system and, if you wish, you can receive e-mail notifications of positions that match your profile as they become available.
Questions or comments about EdHIRES can be directed to email@example.com.