Presentation by Dr. Carl Wieman, University of Colorado
|PDF (588 KB) | MS PowerPoint (269 KB)|
- Science Education in the 21st Century; using the tools of science to teach science
- Science education more important, different purpose than in the past.
- Essence of an "effective education".
- The state of affairs (1 of 3)
- The state of affairs (2 of 3)
- The state of affairs (3 of 3)
- PE Research Conclusions:
- How to change?
- why believe approach can work…
- Simple Example: clicker question for feedback to instructor on retention
- "Sound you hear from a violin is produced …"
- Powerful combo: personal accountability, peer anonymity.
- Lesson built around clicker question.
Last Modified: 04/13/2004