A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
Assessment of School-Based Management - October 1996
- Bradley, A., & Olson, L. (1993, February 24).
- The balance of power: Shifting the lines of authority in an effort to improve schools. Education Week, 9-14.
- Carlos, L., & Amsler, M. (1993).
- Site-based management: An experiment in governance. (Policy Briefs No. 20). San Francisco, CA: Far West Laboratory for Educational Research and Development.
- Darling-Hammond, L. (with Chajet, L., & Robertson, P.) (1995).
- Beyond bureaucracy: Creating incentives for "high performance" schools. Unpublished manuscript, Teachers College, Columbia University.
- A decade's hard lessons. (1993, Fall).
- America's Agenda, 3(2), 8.
- Drury, D., & Levin, D. (1994).
- School-based management: The changing locus of control in American public education. Washington, DC: Pelavin Associates, Inc.
- Lawler, E. E. (1986).
- High-involvement management: Participative strategies for improving organizational performance. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Lawler, E. E. (1992).
- The ultimate advantage. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Marks, H. M., & Louis, K. S. (1995).
- Does teacher empowerment affect the classroom? The implications of teacher empowerment for teachers' instructional practice and student academic performance. Unpublished manuscript, University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory. (1993, April).
- Northwest Policy. Portland, OR: Author.
- Odden, E. R., & Wohlstetter, P. (1995).
- Making school-based management work. Educational Leadership, 52(5), 32-36.
- Odden, A., Wohlstetter, P., & Odden, E. (1995).
- Key issues in effective site-based management. School Business Affairs, 61(5), 4-16.
- O'Neil, J. (1994, September).
- Taking stock of school-based management: Reform tactic yields more democracy, but impact on classroom remains unclear. ASCD Update, 36(7), 4-5, 8.
- Oswald, L. J. (1995).
- School-based management: Rationale and implementation guidelines. (Report Vol. 38, No. 7). Eugene, OR: Oregon School Study Council and ERIC Clearinghouse on Educational Management.
- Praskac, A. M., & Powell, R. M. (1993).
- A first look at site-based decision making in Texas school districts. Austin, TX: Texas Center for Educational Research.
- Robertson, P. J., Wohlstetter, P., & Mohrman, S. A. (1995).
- Generating curriculum and instructional reforms through school-based management. Educational Administration Quarterly, 31, 375-404.
- U.S. General Accounting Office. (1994).
- Education reform: School-based management results in changes in instruction and budgeting. (GAO/HEHS-94-135). Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Wohlstetter, P. (1995).
- Getting school-based management right: What works and what doesn't. Phi Delta Kappan, 77, 22-24, 26.
- Wohlstetter, P., & Briggs, K. L. (1994).
- The principal's role in school-based management. Principal, 74(2), 14-17.
- Wohlstetter, P., & Mohrman, S. A. (1994).
- School-based management: Promise and process. (Finance Brief). New Brunswick, NJ: Consortium for Policy Research in Education, Rutgers University.
- Wohlstetter, P., & Mohrman, S. A. (1993).
- School-based management: Strategies for success. (Finance Brief). New Brunswick, NJ: Consortium for Policy Research in Education, Rutgers University.
[Part 7: Appendix A - Variable Coding Questions and Possible Responses]