A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
Improving America's School: A Newsletter on Issues in School Reform - Spring 1996
Resources for Developing Challenging State Standards
- American Federation of Teachers. (1995).
- Making standards matter: A fifty-state progress report on efforts to raise academic standards. Washington, DC: Author.
- American Federation of Teachers. (1994).
- American Educator: Revitalizing our schools--the hope of the standards movement, 18(3). Washington, C: Author.
- Barth, P. (1994, Fall).
- From crisis to consensus; Setting standards in Chicago, Washington, DC: Council for Basic Education.
- Blank, R., & Pechman, E. (1995, February).
- State curriculum framework in mathematics and science: Results from a 50-state study. Washington, DC: Council of Chief State School Officers.
- Council for Basic Education. (1995, January).
- Basic Education: Considering standards. Washington, DC: Author.
- Council for Basic Education. (1995).
- A primer on standards setting. Washington, DC: Author.
- Curry, B., & Temple, T. (1992).
- Using curriculum frameworks for systemic reform. Washington, DC: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Guthrie, J.W. (Ed.) (1990).
- Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 12(3).
- Kendall, J., & Marzano, R. (1994, January).
- Systematic identification and articulation of content standards and benchmarks. Aurora, CO: Mid-Continent Research for Education and Learning.
- Mizell, H. (1995).
- What will it take? Basic Education, 39(5).
- National Center on Education and the Economy. (1994, April/May).
- The Alliance: Special section on standards and assessment. Washington, DC: Author.
- National Center on Education Outcomes, Policy Direction No. 2. (1994, May).
- Students with disabilities and educational standards: Recommendations for policy and practice. Minneapolis, MN.
- National Council on Education Standards and Testing. (1992).
- Raising standards for American education. Washington, DC: Author.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (1989).
- Curriculum and evaluation standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: Author.
- Shriner, J.G., Ysseldyke, J.E., Thurlow, M.L. (1994, January).
- Standards for all American students. Focus on Exceptional Children. (26)5.
[The State Content and Student Performance Standards Setting Process]
[Standards Setting Focuses Reform in Local Districts]