A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
A Compact for Reading - February 1999
Today, I am bringing home my first School-Home Links Reading Kit activity. Several times a week, I will be working on these activities with you. Will you help me with these things?
- Help me find a quiet place where I can complete my School-Home Links activity sheet.
- Read the instructions with me. I want to do my best work.
- Help me if I have difficulty understanding.
- Help me to remember to bring my work to school every day.
When I bring a book home from school:
- Let's look at the book together. Let me tell you about the pictures.
- Read the book with me.
- Help me find a place where I can keep my book so it will not get lost or damaged.
- Remind me to use a plastic library bag when I carry my book home and back to school each week.
- Help me complete my Book Links activity about the book.
Thank you for helping me. It's a lot of fun to share my work with you.
Parent's signature: ____________________________________________
[Step 3: Put Your Compact for Reading to Work]