Training Program competitions are held every second year.
Current competition: FY 2012
Application available: May 14, 2012
Application deadline: June 13, 2012
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2012 dated May 14, 2012 | PDF
All applicants are required to submit an application online through Grants.gov. Grants.gov is a single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by federal and other grant-making agencies.
It is strongly recommended that potential applicants familiarize themselves with the Grants.gov Web site and complete the required registration well before the closing date. You can begin the registration process before the application is published on Grants.gov or while you are filling out the application. However, registration must be completed before you can submit your completed package. Please note that the registration process for organizations may take three to five days to complete. The site offers users extensive customer support options and resources for applicants.
Application packages in Grants.gov consist of two downloadable files: application instructions and the application package. To view the package, including required forms, the free Adobe Reader or compatible Acrobat Professional software must be installed on your computer.
Accessing the Application Package
- Start at the Grants.gov home page: http://www.grants.gov/.
- Go to the Apply for Grants page: http://www.grants.gov/applicants/apply_for_grants.jsp.
- Click on Step 1: Download a Grant Application Package: https://apply07.grants.gov/apply/forms_apps_idx.html.
- Enter the CFDA number for the program(s): (84.103) and click "Download Package."
Note that alpha suffixes to the CFDA number cannot be included in the search criteria. If there is more than one program sharing the numeric CFDA you will be able to select specific programs under that number using the program title after the numeric CFDA search.
- Click "Download" to access the application package and instructions.
Applicants who are unable to submit an application through the Grants.gov system may submit a written request for a waiver of the electronic submission requirement. Requests for waivers are due at least two weeks before the application deadline date. See the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for additional details on requesting a waiver.
Page limits and acceptable fonts for grant applications. Please refer to the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for page limits and font types an applicant may use when submitting grant applications for this competition.
Tips for submitting applications electronically through Grants.gov:
- Begin the Grants.gov registration process as soon as possible. Register early: preferably at least five days before the deadline.
- Download and review the application instructions from Grants.gov.
- Complete the application package according to the application instructions.
- Review and verify all program assurances and certifications.
- Verify on Grants.gov that registration is complete and that your Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) status is approved if you are the submitter.
- Submit your application early, ensuring sufficient time for the Grants.gov validation process.
- Verify your submission through the Grants.gov Web site.
Tips and Assistance
Pre-Application Technical Assistance Workshop. On May 23, 2012 the U.S. Department of Education will host one pre-application technical assistance workshop for the FY 2012 competition. The workshop will be conducted free of charge to participants in Washington, D.C. More information can be found on the workshops page.
Training Sessions 2011-12
If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD), call the Federal Relay Service (FRS), toll free, at 1-800-877-8339.