Talent Search Program
Last competition: FY 2011
Deadline for transmitting applications: December 28, 2010
Federal Register Notices
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2011 dated November 3, 2010 PDF
All applicants were required to submit an application online through Grants.gov. Grants.gov is a single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by federal and other grant-making agencies.
Please note that the FY 2011 competition for the Talent Search Program is closed. The archived application should be used for reference only.
Below is the "Application Instructions" document that was published on Grants.gov for the FY 2011 competition. The forms required to complete this package are not available in this document. Those forms are only available on Grants.gov while an application is available for submission. For your reference, the Department has provided a forms library. Some of the forms referenced in this document may be found in the forms library.
Tips and Assistance
TS Program FY 2016 Technical Assistance Workshops and Webinars:
The U.S. Department of Education will conduct five technical assistance webinars for applicants interested in preparing grant applications for fiscal year 2016 new awards under the Talent Search Program. Program staff will present information about the purpose of the program, the selection criteria, application content, submission procedures, and reporting requirements. Please register for the date and time that works best for you.
- Monday, December 14, 2015, 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST
- Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EST
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST
- Thursday, December 17, 2015, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EST
- Friday, December 18, 2015, 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST
After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information about joining the webinar.
FAQs for the FY 2011 Talent Search Grant Competition: PDF (795K)
Additional resources for applicants
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (P.L. 110-315) of 2008, amending the Higher Education Act of 1965: Text | PDF
- Unofficial compilation of the Higher Education Act, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act [Please see pages 181-203.]: PDF
- Official Final Regulations Amending TRIO Regulations, as published in the Federal Register on October 26, 2010. These final regulations amend the Talent Search Program regulations.
- Low-Income Guidelines
If you use a TDD, call the FRS, toll free, at 1-800-877-8339.