Talent Search Program
Current competition: FY 2016
Application available: December 22, 2015
Application deadline: February 5, 2016
Federal Register Notices
- CORRECTION to Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2016 dated January 21, 2016 | PDF | [This notice corrects the "Estimated Available Funds" and "Maximum Award Amounts."]
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2016 dated December 22, 2015 | PDF
All applicants are required to submit an application online through Grants.gov. Grants.gov is a single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by federal and other grant-making agencies.
If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) or a text telephone (TTY), you may call toll free at 1-800-576-7734.
Tips and Assistance
Technical assistance workshops and webinars about the FY 2016 grant competition were held in early December 2015.
FAQs from the FY 2011 Talent Search Grant Competition: PDF (795K)
Additional resources for applicants
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (P.L. 110-315) of 2008, amending the Higher Education Act of 1965: Text | PDF
- Unofficial compilation of the Higher Education Act, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act [Please see pages 181-203.]: PDF
- Official Final Regulations Amending TRIO Regulations, as published in the Federal Register on October 26, 2010. These final regulations amend the Talent Search Program regulations.
- Low-Income Guidelines
If you use a TDD, call the FRS, toll free, at 1-800-877-8339.