Current Competition: FY 2015.
Applications Available: December 18, 2014
Deadline for Transmitting Applications: February 2, 2015
New Webinar scheduled for January 15, 2015 to discuss competition updates. See the Tips Section for more information Due to high demand note the new webinar event address.
New Materials related to the evidence presentation from the January 15, 2015 webinar can be found here:
- Evidence portion of January 15, 2015 webinar MS Word, 61K
- Presentation from Marsha Silverberg, Institute of Education Sciences MS PowerPoint, 311K
- Presentation from Greg Walton, Stanford University (non-cognitive intervention) MS PowerPoint, 1.1M
- Presentation from Nicole Stephens, Northwestern University (non-cognitive intervention) MS PowerPoint, 3.6M
- Presentation from Rachel Baker, Stanford University (counseling intervention) MS PowerPoint, 451K
Federal Register Notices
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2015 (December 18, 2014) | PDF
NOTE: The Notice Inviting Applications was published before the Department adopts the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and 20 U.S.C. 1070a-11 and 20 U.S.C. 1070a-14.
- Correction to Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2015 PDF, 147K
NOTE: Some of the links to the studies cited in the Notice Inviting Applications are no longer operational. The correct links for the three studies are as follows:
- Walton study: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/331/6023/1447.full
- Stephens study: http://www.psychology.northwestern.edu/documents/destin-achievement.pdf
- Bettinger study: https://ed.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/bettinger_baker_030711.pdf
You may access the electronic grant application for the Student Support Services Program at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number (042). Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search.
If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) or a text telephone (TTY), call the Federal Relay Service (FRS), toll free, at 1-800-877-8339.
Individuals with disabilities can obtain a copy of the application package in an accessible format (e.g., braille, large print, audiotape, or compact disc) by contacting the program contact person listed in this section.
Tips and Assistance
FY 2015 Student Support Services (SSS) Grant Competition Update Webinar scheduled for January 15, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Washington, DC time, to provide updated information on the SSS Program competition. Due to the high demand for the Student Support Services (SSS) Pre-Application Webinar, we have established a second link for the Webinar overflow.
To access the Webinar, you must both join the conference call and click the Webinar link.
Topic: FY 2015 Student Support Services Program Competition
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2015
Time: 12:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT- 05:00)
Meeting Number: 741 085 142
Meeting Password: *OPE2014
To start or join the online meeting, go to https://educateevents1.webex.com/educateevents1/onstage/g.php?d=741085142&t=a
Conference Call Dial-In Number: 800-779-6814
Participant Code: 1443257
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
Other: Information on FY 2015 SSS technical assistance pre-application workshops may be found at: http://edmeetings.com/sss/. A workshop was also held on September 10, 2014 in Washington, DC.
U.S. Department of Education
Student Support Services Program
1990 K Street, N.W., Suite 7000
Mail Stop OPE-K-7-7063
Washington, DC 20006
Telephone: (202) 502-7600