Program Office: Federal TRIO Programs
CFDA Number: 84.344
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
Also Known As: Dissemination Partnership Program (This is one of eight TRIO programs.)
This program provided grants to enable TRIO grantees to work with other institutions and agencies serving low-income and first-generation college students but that did not have TRIO grants. The goal of the TRIO Dissemination Partnership Program was to increase the effectiveness of the TRIO programs, through the replication and adaptation of successful TRIO program components, practices, strategies, and activities at institutions and agencies that do not have a federally funded TRIO project.
Types of Projects
Projects used components and practices that:
- Promote the effective use of technology;
- Encourage business and community partnerships and K-12 collaborations;
- Conduct program evaluations and assessments of student outcome;
- Increase student retention and college completion;
- Increase participation of underrepresented groups in undergraduate and graduate study; and
- Increase awareness of underserved groups regarding the benefits of TRIO programs.