$43,000,000 from the (FY) 2009 appropriation and $100,000,000 from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Pub. L. No. 111-5 (ARRA). The purposes of the ARRA include the following:
- To preserve and create jobs and promote economic recovery;
- To assist those most impacted by the recession;
- To provide investments needed to increase economic efficiency by spurring technological advances in science and health;
- To invest in transportation, environmental protection, and other infrastructure that will provide long-term economic benefit; and
- To stabilize State and local government budgets in order to minimize and avoid reductions in essential services and counterproductive state and local tax increases.