Second Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: October 6, 2009
Second Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: December 7, 2009
Please Note: Changes in the law that affects eligibility
On July 1, 2009, the President signed into law H.R. 1777 which makes corrections and other changes to the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended. Included in this Act are technical corrections to the Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program. The technical corrections include the following:
- Allowing 5th year initial licensing programs to be eligible to apply along with pre-baccalaureate programs under the Pre-Baccalaureate Program Absolute Priority #1; and
- Extending the requirement to acquire a master’s degree from one-year to 18 months after beginning the Teaching Residency Program (Absolute Priority #2).
Eligible partnerships submitting an application for the July 23 closing date will be able to incorporate these changes into their proposals. Additionally, we will be establishing a second closing date for eligible partnerships that need more time to incorporate these changes. We will soon be publishing a correction notice highlighting the changes to this grant program in the Federal Register.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the e-GRANTS system at http://e-grants.ed.gov/
Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
For printed applications contact:
Education Publications Center (ED Pubs),
P.O. Box 1398, Jessup, MD 20794-1398,
Telephone (toll free): 1-877-433-7827, fax (301) 470-1244.
If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) you may call (toll free) 1-877-576-7734.
Web site: http://edpubs.ed.gov/
Other Required Forms
You will also need to download the following required Federal forms:
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- ED80-0013--Certifications Regarding Lobbying; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- ED80-0014--Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion -- Lower Tier Covered Transactions
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Survey on Ensuring Equal Opportunity for Applicants
Federal Register Notices
Tips and Assistance
- For technical assistance, please contact the Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program staff at TQPartnership@ed.gov
Please Note: The grant information below is for historical information only. The competition is closed. Please continue to visit our site for future competition information.
First Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: Closed July 23, 2009
First Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: September 21, 2009
Initial Application Package
Initial Federal Register Notice
Initial Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 PDF (106KB) Closed July 23, 2009
Initial Pre-Application Workshop Materials: