Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program
The Teacher Quality Programs office is excited to announce that on Monday, May 23, 2016, the U.S. Department of Education published in the Federal Register a Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for the Teacher Quality Partnership (TQP) grant program. This TQP FY 16 grant competition has an estimated $5,000,000 and anticipates making 3-5 new awards. The TQP program has prepared this TQP At-a-Glance (PDF 306 KB) document to provide a quick overview of the FY 16 TQP grant competition. Please review the entire TQP NIA and the entire TQP program website for additional information on the TQP program and FY 16 TQP competition.
FY 2016 TQP Notice Inviting Applications
FY 2016 TQP Frequently Asked Questions
The FY 2016 TQP FAQ document can be found here (PDF 309 KB). This document will be updated as necessary. If you do not find an answer to your question within the TQP FAQ document, please email your questions to the TQP program inbox at TQPartnership@ed.gov.
FY 2016 TQP Competition Timeline
- Pre-Application Information Webinar: May 31, 2016 and June 2, 2016
- Intent to Apply: June 22, 2016 (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/tqpfy16)
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: July 7, 2016 (4:30:00 p.m. Washington, D.C. time)
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: September 20, 2016
FY 2016 TQP Application Information
Pre-Application Information Webinar:
On May 31 and June 2, TQP Information webinars were held. Below you will find the TQP Information Webinar PowerPoint presentation and call script. You will also find the recorded audio from the information webinar held on May 31, 2016. As you review these documents please keep the following things in mind:
- After the May 31 webinar, the PowerPoint presentation was changed slightly to reflect questions received during this webinar. These edited slides are found below.
- View the PowerPoint presentation as slides with notes in order to have access to the webinar call script.
- We faced technical difficulties with the audio for the webinar in June 2. The audio link below is from the webinar on May 31. Please note the audio does not start until about 6 minutes into the presentation.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov.
- Please do not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
Application Package Instructions (PDF 1.04 MB)
- Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only.
- Applicants should refer to the office TQP NIA published in the Federal Register for official application instructions.
- This application package also contains instructions on Grants.gov submission.
- The application package that must be submitted can be found on the Grants.gov website.
Required Application Forms
Please Note: most of these forms are already in the electronic application packet in Grants.gov. Here is a list of the required forms that must be completed, examples of which can be found here.
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Grants.gov Lobbying Form; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Required Response to Section 427 of GEPA
TQP Optional Program Checklist
- TQP Optional Eligible Partnership AND IHE Verification Checklist (Appendix A) (MS Word 16 KB)
- TQP Optional TQP General Application and Program Requirements Checklist (Appendix B) (MS Word19 KB)
- TQP Optional High-Need LEA (MS Word 16 KB) AND High-Need School Checklist (Appendix D) (MS Word 15 KB)
- TQP Optional Absolute Priority 1 MS Word (MS Word 21 KB) or Absolute Priority 2 MS Word (MS Word 23 KB) Checklists (Appendix E)
TQP Waiver Request Form
- TQP Waiver Request Form (Appendix F) (MS Word 16 KB)