A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
Title I Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged -- Providing Services to Eligible Private School Children
Student Achievement and School Accountability Conference
Text (slide 21):
Title I, Part A: Timely and Meaningful Consultation
At a minimum, must address:
- How children's needs will be identified
- What services will be offered
- How decisions about the delivery of services will be made
- How, where, and by whom services will be provided
- How services will be assessed and improved based upon assessment results
- Size and scope of services
- If you remember anything from the workshop today, remember this word -- CONSULTATION! It is required by law and is discussed in the guidelines. It is essential to the successful implementation of federal education programs.
- Don't wait for the LEA to initiate consultation. Resolve to make a phone call to your LEA.