Serving our Children in No Child Left Behind
Title I Directors' Conference
Text (slide 17):
Who Does Even Start Serve?
- A parent or parents
- Eligible for services under the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act
- Attending secondary school
- OR within compulsory school attendance age, and
- Primarily children ages 0-7 (but provide service for children in a 3 year age range)
- Other family members, as appropriate
Most importantly, Even Start serves the families who are most in need, considering factors such as low income and low adult literacy or English language proficiency.