Teacher Incentive Fund
FY 2016 TIF Notice Inviting Applications
NOTE: The FY2016 TIF grant competition closed on July 15, 2016.
FY 2016 TIF Frequently Asked Questions
The FY 2016 TIF FAQ document can be found here (MS Word, 131KB) . This document will be updated as necessary. If you do not find an answer to your question within the TIF FAQ document, please email your questions to the TIF5 mailbox at TIF5@ed.gov.
FY 2016 TIF Competition Timeline
- Pre-Application Information Webinar: June 9, 2016
- Intent to Apply: June 30, 2016
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: July 15, 2016 (4:30:00 p.m. Washington, D.C. time)
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: September 28, 2016
FY 2016 TIF Application Information
Pre-Application Information Webinar:
On June 9, TIF pre-application webinar was held. Below you will find the TIF pre-application Webinar PowerPoint presentation and call script. You will also find the recorded audio from the pre-application webinar held on June 9, 2016. As you review these documents please keep the following things in mind:
- View TIF pre-application PowerPoint presentation. PDF (11 MB)
- View the PowerPoint (3 MB) presentation as slides with notes in order to have access to the webinar call script.
- The audio link below is from the webinar on June 9.
Application Package Instructions (PDF 67 KB)
- Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only.
- Applicants should refer to the office TIF NIA published in the Federal Register for official application instructions.
- This application package also contains instructions on Grants.gov submission.
- The application package that must be submitted can be found on the Grants.gov website.
Required Application Forms
Please Note: most of these forms are already in the electronic application packet in Grants.gov. Here is a list of the required forms that must be completed, examples of which can be found here.
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Grants.gov Lobbying Form; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Required Response to Section 427 of GEPA