Small, Rural School Achievement Program
For questions concerning the rural education programs contact a member of the REAP Group at (202) 401-0039 or email the REAP Group at REAP@ed.gov.
We recommend reviewing the program guidance for information about activities authorized for funds received under this program.
- The number of students in average daily attendance, minus 50.
- Multiply this number by $100.
- Add $20,000.
- If the total is above $60,000, this amount is capped at $60,000.
- From the amount above, subtract the sum of the allocations received by the district during the prior fiscal year under Title II-A (Improving Teacher Quality Grants); Title II-D (Educational Technology Grants); Title IV-A (Safe and Drug Free Schools Grants); and Title V-A (Innovative Programs Grants).
- This amount may be ratably reduced or increased depending upon the amount appropriated for the program and the number of eligible LEAs.
PLEASE NOTE: In some instances, it is possible for the funding formula to yield a grant award of $0. Under the statutory formula, an eligible district that received more than $60,000 from Title II-A (Improving Teacher Quality Grants); Title II-D (Educational Technology Grants); Title IV-A (Safe and Drug Free Schools Grants); and Title V-A (Innovative Programs Grants) combined during the previous school year will not receive an SRSA grant allocation. (However, even if it does not receive an SRSA grant award, that district could still exercise REAP-Flex authority).
Notification of awards and instructions on accessing program funds will be sent via U.S. Mail. The award packet contains directions for new grantees to submit banking information to the U.S. Department of Education. Grantees are required to use the Department's electronic grants and payment system (known as G5) to access funds.
NOTE: Grantees that currently have access to G5 do NOT need to submit a new Direct Deposit form or a Production System External User Access Request Form. New grantees, or grantees that changed DUNS numbers, district bank accounts, or their district's official address are the only ones that need to submit these forms.
Previous Funding Years and Documents:
- FY 2014 Grant Awards(School Year 2014-2015)
- FY 2013 Grant Awards(School Year 2013-2014)
- FY 2012 Grant Awards(School Year 2012-2013)
- FY 2011 Grant Awards (School Year 2011-2012)
- FY 2010 Grant Awards (School Year 2010-2011)
- FY 2009 Grant Awards (School Year 2009-2010)
- FY 2008 Grant Awards (School Year 2008-2009)
- FY 2007 Grant Awards (School Year 2007-2008)
- FY 2006 Grant Awards (School Year 2006-2007)
- FY 2005 Grant Awards (School Year 2005-2006)
- FY 2004 Grant Awards (School Year 2004-2005)
- FY 2003 Grant Awards (School Year 2003-2004)
- FY 2003 Dear Colleague Letter
MS WORD (256K)
- FY 2002 State by State Charts of Allocation and Grant Awards
- FY 2002 Summary and Grant Awards