Race to the Top District (RTT-D)
- Race to the Top – District Applicants [PDF 451K]
This list includes all local educational agencies (LEAs) that applied as an individual applicant or as participating LEAs in a consortium for the 2012 Race to the Top - District competition and does not indicate their eligibility for the competition.
- Education Department Invites Districts to Apply for $400 Million Race to the Top Competition to Support Classroom-Level Reform Efforts
- Executive Summary [PDF 385K]
- Fast Facts [PDF 520K]
- Background on Race to the Top - District Competition [PDF 283K]
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF 342K] [PDF 283K]
- Application [MS Word 958K]
- Electronic Budget Spreadsheets [MS Excel 78K]
- Notice Inviting Applications (NIA)
Intent To Apply
The Department strongly encouraged each potential applicant to notify us of the applicant's intent to submit an application for funding by completing a Web-based form by August 30, 2012. The intent to apply is not binding, and the information collected will be used by the Department primarily to develop an efficient process for reviewing grant applications. Potential applicants that did not submit an intent to apply may still apply for funding.
In the tables below, the Department has provided a summary of all intents to apply and a detailed list of potential applicants, including their district, State and grant request information. Prior to posting, the Department did not verify or screen for eligibility and to err on the side of transparency, only obvious duplicate entries were removed. When a potential applicant only included an individual name, we have listed the LEA as "District Not Provided."
Intent to Apply Data
- Summary Table [PDF 115K]
- Detailed List of Intent to Apply Submissions (by State and expected budget request) [PDF 180K]
Technical Assistance Opportunities
To assist applicants in preparing the application and to respond to questions, the Department will host multiple Technical Assistance webinars for potential applicants. For more information, please see Resources.
Announcements of any other conference calls or webinars and Frequently Asked Questions will also be available on this website.
- Technical Assistance Webinars
- Overview of the Race to the Top - District Competition: August 16 or 21, 2012
- Intent to Apply Due: August 30, 2012
- Application Due: October 30, 2012
- Grant Award Announcements: December 2012