Principal Ambassador Fellowship Program
The 2013-2014 Application is now closed. Below are the eligibility requirements for this program. Each year may vary.
To be eligible for the 2013-2014 Principal Ambassador Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be serving as a principal during the 2013-2014 school year in a United States school, including traditional public, charter, virtual, military, tribal and/or private schools, that serves any grades Preschool through 12th.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of successful experience as a principal. (If the 2012-2013 school-year is your third year as principal, you are eligible.)
- Have a United States citizenship, as is required for employment with the Federal Government
- Have the ability to gain employer support to sign an Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) agreement for your participation in the program.
Note: Some schools may use different terminology than “principal.” A candidate is considered eligible despite titling differences provided that s/he is the highest administrative official in the school building.
All applicants will submit an application online through USAJobs, which includes a resume, two-three letters of recommendation, and narrative responses to six vacancy question. Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Contributions to Student Learning & Culture – the extent to which the candidate has a demonstrable and meaningful impact on student achievement.
- A Record of Effective Leadership – the extent to which the candidate demonstrates effective leadership in both the school and community.
- Relevant Interests & Expertise – the extent to which the candidate has the ability to provide relevant insights from school and district experiences to education policy, programs, and initiatives.
- Strong Communication Skills – the extent to which the candidate has demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- School & Community Support – the extent to which the candidate has demonstrable support from school, district, and community members.
- Specific Fellowship Work Capacities – the extent to which the candidate has experience with activities that have effectively prepared them for Fellowship work.
For more information on the 2013-2014 Principal Ambassador Fellowship application process, please review the notice on USAJobs carefully as well as our Applicant Information and responses to Frequently Asked Questions.