No Congressionally-directed grants were awarded in FY 2011.
The U.S. Congress, in The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010 (Public Law 111-117), directed the Office of Postsecondary Education of the Department of Education to award grants to 264 institutions and organizations. Only those institutions named in the list below could apply for these grants.
NOTE: Letters inviting applications for Congressionally-directed grants were mailed to the president or chief executive officer of each named recipient organization during the last week of February 2010.
FY 2010 Congressionally-directed Grant Recipients MS Excel (128K) | PDF (470K)
Application forms, instructions, and other materials MS Word (105K) | PDF (132K)
- Generic copy of letter sent to recipient CEOs inviting application for a Congressionally-directed grant
- Application review process for Congressionally-directed grants: introduction; declining a Congressionally-directed grant; preparing the grant application; application deadlines; application review process
- Required application materials
- Interpreting the language of a Congressionally-directed grant
- Preparing the application budget: What costs can be covered by the grant?
- Preparing the application budget: What costs cannot be covered by the grant?
- Sample press release announcing a Congressionally-directed grant
- Reporting Requirements
Guidance for Managing Congressionally-directed Grants MS Word (228K) | PDF (305K)