National Professional Development Program
Timeline for Competition
- Application Available: December 11, 2015
- Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: December 31, 2015
Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify us of their intent to submit an application for funding by emailing NPD2016@ed.gov (mail to: NPD2016@ed.gov) with the subject line “Intent to Apply” and include in the content of the email the following information: (1) the applicant organization’s name and address, and (2) any competitive preference priority or priorities and invitational priority or priorities the applicant is addressing in the application.
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: February 19, 2016 at 4:30:00 pm (EDT)
- NPD NOTICE INVITING APPLICATIONS
- NPD FULL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS /programs/nfdp/2016npdappkg.pdf PDF (1.6 MB)
- Please note that the NPD Application Instructions are for applicants to download and use as guidance only. Unless the applicant qualifies for an exception to the electronic submission requirement, all NPD grant applications must be submitted electronically via Grants.gov. See the NIA for information about how to submit an application for the NPD competition.
You may download the following required Federal forms:
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Supplemental Form for SF 424 (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Grants.Gov - Certification Regarding Lobbying
- General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) Requirements - Section 427
For additional information on the 2016 NPD Competition visit the NPD Program page NPD Program page.
The NPD Program office hosted a series of webinars to provide technical assistance to applicants in preparing their applications and to respond to applicant questions. The purpose of the webinars is to review the competition priorities, requirements, and selection criteria with potential applicants, as well as for Department staff to answer questions about the Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for this competition.
* NOTE: Audio version works using CHROME web browser.
Webinar #1 - National Professional Development Pre-Application
Date & Time: December 16, 2015, 2:00-3:00pm (EST) MS PowerPoint (MS Powerpoint 7.56 MB) | * Audio Version (9 MB) | Webinar Transcript (MS Word 81KB)
Webinar #2 - National Professional Development Pre-Application
Date & Time: January 13, 2016, 2:00-3:00pm (EST) PowerPoint (MS Powerpoint 5.47 MB) | * Audio Version (9 MB) | Webinar Transcript (93 KB)