Grants for the Integration of Schools and Mental Health Systems
CFDA Number: 84.215M
Program Type: Discretionary Grant
This program provides grants to SEAs, LEAs, and Indian tribes for the purpose of increasing student access to quality mental health care by developing innovative programs that link school systems with local mental health systems.
TYPES OF PROJECTS
A funded program must include all of the following:
- Enhancing, improving, or developing collaborative efforts between school-based service systems and mental health service systems to provide, enhance, or improve prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services to students;
- Enhancing the availability of crisis intervention services, appropriate referrals for students potentially in need of mental health services, and ongoing mental health services;
- Providing training for the school personnel and mental health professionals who will participate in the program;
- Providing technical assistance and consultation to school systems and mental health agencies, and families participating in the program;
- Providing linguistically appropriate and culturally competent services; and
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the program in increasing student access to quality mental health services, and making recommendations to the secretary of education about sustainability of the program.