We are seeking reviewers with expertise in the design, implementation, and/or administration of one or more of the following areas:
- Elementary, middle and secondary school leadership preparation programs
- Professional development and other support activities for new and experienced assistant principals and principals
- Certification and licensure of assistant principals and principals
- Alternative routes to preparing and supporting assistant principals and principals
- Recruiting and retaining assistant principals and principals
- Mentoring, coaching and other support strategies for assistant principals and principals
- Assessment and evaluation of school leadership programs and principal effectiveness
Peer reviewers will independently read, score, and provide written comments for grant proposals submitted to the U. S. Department of Education from applicants seeking Federal funding under the School Leadership Program. The purpose of this program is to provide competitive grants to assist high-need local educational agencies (LEAs) develop, or enhance innovative programs that recruit, train, and provide support for individuals seeking to become principals and assistant principals. The review process will be conducted electronically. Travel to Washington, DC, will not be necessary. Reviewers will be remunerated for their work.
- Must be available for scheduled conference calls over a two week review period with fellow reviewers
- Have access to the Internet and a printer
- Have the ability to interact within a web-based environment
- Read reviewer orientation materials
- Participate in all reviewer orientation calls
- Read and score assigned applications
- Prepare written comments on the strengths and weaknesses of each application prior to discussions with other panel reviewers
Reviews are expected to be conducted during the month of April. April 19th - April 23rd will be the applicant reading and scoring period. April 26th- April 30th will be the time period for facilitated conference calls with fellow panelists to discuss and finalize comments and scores.
If you would like to be considered as a peer reviewer, please e-mail a copy of your current résumé to the School Leadership Program, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 19, 2010. In the subject line please indicate "SLP Reviewer."
If you have questions, please contact Beatriz Ceja or Natasha Garcia of the School Leadership Program at email@example.com. For additional information, please visit us on the web at http://www2.ed.gov/programs/leadership/index.html.