FY2011 i3 Applications Received Summary Document MS Word (140KB)
i3 2011 Notice of Intent to Apply
- i3 2011 Notice of Intent to Apply PDF (326KB)
- i3 Notice of Intent Data Organization List MS Excel (197KB)
FY2011 i3 At-A-Glance MS Word (93KB)
Timelines for FY2011 Competition
Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: August 2, 2011
Please note that U.S. Department of Education grant application deadline is 4:30:00 PM Washington, DC time. Late applications will not be accepted. The Department is required to enforce the established deadline to ensure fairness to all applicants. No changes or additions to an application will be accepted after the deadline date and time.
Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: October 3, 2011
Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: June 23, 2011
i3 2011 Notice of Intent to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify the Department of their intent to submit an application for funding under i3. The deadline to submit a Notice of Intent for the FY2011 i3 competition is June 23, 2011. Please access the following link to submit your Notice of Intent to Apply.
FY2011 i3 Application Packages
- Scale-up grants MS Word (615KB)
- Validation grants MS Word (614KB)
- Development grants MS Word (613KB)
- Application Tips MS Word (93KB)
This resource for applicants provides helpful tips that may facilitate the completion and submission of the i3 application.
i3 LEA Eligibility Checklist MS Word (44KB)
This is a required eligibility checklist that must be submitted by all eligible applicants applying as a LEA. Each applicant will use this form to list the page numbers where information about i3 statutory requirements can be found within the application.
i3 Partnership Eligibility Checklist MS Word (42KB)
This is a required eligibility checklist that must be submitted by all eligible applicants applying as a nonprofit organization in partnership with one or more LEAs or a consortium of schools. Each applicant will use this form to list the page numbers where information about i3 statutory requirements can be found within the application.
i3 Applicant Information Sheet PDF (255KB)
Note: This form has been updated to correct the drop down menu in the Project Partners section. Applicants who have already completed the form successfully do not need to re-download the form.
The i3 Applicant Information Sheet must be submitted by all eligible applicants. This sheet collects additional information that will assist the i3 Team with the peer review process.
Federal Register Notices
CFDA Number: 84.411A (Scale-up grants); 84.411B (Validation grants); 84.411C (Development grants)
- Notices Inviting Applications for Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 (June 3, 2011)
The application deadline for i3 applications is 4:30:00 PM (DC Time) on August 2, 2011.
- FY2011 Notice of Final Revisions (June 3, 2011) PDF (212KB)
The 2011 notice of final i3 revisions provides the Secretary with additional flexibility in using the priorities and selection criteria for i3 competitions in fiscal year (FY) 2011 and subsequent years. In addition, the notice modifies the requirements on the "Limits on Grant Awards" and "Cost Sharing or Matching."
- The Notice of Proposed Revisions to Priorities, Requirements, and Selection Criteria (January 10, 2011) http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=ED-2011-OII-0001-0001 Closed February 9, 2011
- FY2010 Notice of Final Priorities PDF (March 12, 2010)
- NFP Correction (April 12, 2010)
Under the heading Absolute Priority 3—Innovations That Complement the Implementation of High Standards and High-Quality Assessments, in footnote number eight, "including science" is replaced with "including computer science." PDF
FY2011 Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions (revised July 19, 2011): Please note that the Department revised this document to incorporate new FAQs that were published in addendum 2 on July 19, 2011.
MS Word (417KB)
FY2011 i3 FAQs Addendum 1 (July 1, 2011)
MS Word (60KB)
FY2011 i3 FAQs Addendum 2 (July 19, 2011)
MS Word (44KB)
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE INVESTING IN INNOVATION FUND
Pre-Application Meetings PowerPoint Presentation MS PowerPoint (1.36MB)
FY2011 i3 Resource Page MS Word (729KB)
FY2011 i3 Program Glossary MS Word (102KB)
Seeking Peer Reviewers for FY2011 i3 Competition
If you are interested in serving as a peer reviewer for the FY2011 i3 grant competition, please review the FY 2011 i3 Call for Peer Reviewers. This document describes the necessary qualifications and provides instructions for submitting your resume and the "i3 Peer Reviewer Checklist" by Friday, July 8.
i3 FOUNDATION CONFERENCE CALL
Information About Matching Requirement
- Securing the i3 Private-Sector Match MS Word(47 KB)
Evidence and Evaluation Webinar
- Investing in Innovation (i3) Fund Evidence & Evaluation Webinar Questions and Answers. MS Word (64KB)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation Logic Model Development Guide. NOTE: This document is provided as reference only and is not produced by or endorsed by the Department.
- Evidence and Evaluation Webinar PowerPoint Presentation and Script