INDIAN EDUCATION FORMULA GRANT APPLICATION RESOURCES
Indian Education Formula Grant Application Resources
- Sample Application Part 1 PDF (700K)
- Sample Application Part 2 PDF (900K)
- ED 506 Form PDF (80K)
- PCA Form PDF (23K)
- Assurances SF428B and Additional Program Assurances PDF (80K)
- Tribes Applying in Lieu of LEAs Sample Document PDF (80K)
- Sample Consortium Agreement PDF (254K)
- 2014 Indian Education Formula Grant Program Application Change Document PDF (101K)
(January 15, 2015)
- List of Federally Recognized Tribes
The latest list of Federally Recognized tribes as identified by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. This list was published on January 14, 2015 and remains a valid listing until the next update.
(January 14, 2015)
- Partner Support Center Available for EASIE
To contact the Partner Support Center directly for any EASIE matter please contact:
EDFacts Partner Support Center Voice: (877) 457-3336 (877-HLP-EDEN) Fax: (888) 329-3336 (888-FAX-EDEN) TTY/TDD: (888) 403-3336 (888-403-EDEN) Email: EDEN_OIE@ed.gov(January 14, 2015)
Parent Committee Roles and Responsibilities
A new Powerpoint has been prepared for use by Indian Parent Committees, as they fulfill their responsibilities with local Title VII Indian Formula Grant programs, is now available to download:
(October 1, 2012)
2015 EASIE Part III
Open Date for EASIE Part III is September 16, 2015
The FY 2014 Formula Grant EASIE application requires all grantees to submit an Annual Performance Report for their 2014-2015 grant. To facilitate this process grantees will need to log into the EASIE system and submit their APR data online. There will be upcoming webinar training to assist grantees with the procress. The schedule will be posted here when available. You must complete submission of your APR data by Ocotber 16, 2015. You may access this page at the following link:
- Annual Performance Report FAQs [PDF 217K]
Annual Performance Report Resources
The Office of Indian Education has incorporated an annual performance report requirement into the EASIE application for Indian Formula grant funding. This will be included as a part of the FY 2015 formula application and will be required of all award recipients. A memo has been issued clarifying the annual performance report requirement and the responsibilites of all grantees in reporting such data. To view the memo please click on the following link:
- Annual Performance Report Memo [PDF 217K]
Agency Information Collection Activities; Comment Request; Formula Grant EASIE Annual Performance Report:
Grants Training and Management Resources
The Department of Education recently updated its training resources for recipients of federal education grants. The Office of Indian Education encourages all grantees to become familiar with guidance on administering various aspects of their federal grant. These training modules are free and will give the grantee a wealth of information for topics such as discretionary and formula grant administration, internal controls, cash management, indirect costs and travel. You may access this page at the following link:
EASIE 2015 Part II Webinars
2015 EASIE Part II Webinar Schedule to be Announced
EASIE Part I of the Formula Grant Electronic Application System closed on February 27, 2015. EASIE Part II will open on April 10.
No late applications will be accepted and no exceptions will be made.*
To assist you in completing your application, links to access the Part II Webinar PowerPoint and audio recording will be found below when they become available.
EASIE Part II Webinar Schedule Announced
EASIE Part II of the Formula Grant Electronic Application System Webinars for 2015 have been announced. Applicants who have successfully completed EASIE Part I, which closed on February 28, 2014, are encouraged to participate in the following webinars to become acquainted with the new version of EASIE Part II. The addition of a new annual performance reporting section within the application system will now require grantees to report annual progress on program objectives. To become failiar with this and other enhancements please register and participate in one of the following webinar sessions.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015, from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. EST
EASIE Part II Training Webinar, Tuesday, April 14, 2015The PowerPoint presentation and audio recording can be found at the links below:
Questions Log: Will be provided in future broadcast message
Thursday, April 16, 2015, from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. EDT (beginning at 10:00 a.m. CDT, 9:00 a.m. MDT and 8:00 a.m. PDT). To register for this session: https://edinfoevents.webex.com/edinfoevents/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef0ebf60c74adbda9b2b1fba9070d25fb
Wednesday, April 22, 2015, from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. EDT (beginning at 2:00 p.m. CDT, 1:00 p.m. MDT and 12:00 p.m. PDT). To register for this session: https://edinfoevents.webex.com/edinfoevents/onstage/g.php?MTID=e0cc3e89871f8de69cc2b9a9cd85545fe
The EDFacts Partner Support Center (PSC) is available for questions between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Eastern Time except for federal holidays. Note: Extended support hours up to the midnight deadline will be available only on the closing dates listed above for Part I.
Voice: (877) 457-3336 (877-HLP-EDEN)
Fax: (888) 329-3336 (888-FAX-EDEN)
TTY/TDD: (888) 403-3336 (888-403-EDEN)
(April 16, 2015)
Did You Know?
1. On the ED 506 Form, if the membership or enrollment number is not readily available to prove membership, the following “Other” evidence can be submitted: • Written certification by a tribal official that the individual claiming membership is an enrolled tribal member • Evidence accepted by the Department of Interior, such as a certificate of Indian blood.
2. A new ED 506 form does NOT have to be completed each year, as long as a signed form is on file and there is documentation that the student was enrolled during the count period.
3. Multi-year application improve the ability to collect data on project success, enhances long-term planning and ensures project continuity in case of staff turnover.
4. Multi-year project objectives will not have to be re-entered in Part II if there are no changes to the project objectives, activities, or coordination of services.
5. The system does not allow for certification without all required forms.
The EDFacts Partner Support Center (PSC) is available for questions between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., EST. Note: Extended support hours up to the midnight deadline will be available only on the closing date.