INDIAN EDUCATION FORMULA GRANT APPLICATION RESOURCES
Indian Education Formula Grant Application Resources
- Sample Application Part 1 PDF (700K)
- Sample Application Part 2 PDF (900K)
- ED 506 Form PDF (80K)
- PCA Form PDF (23K)
- Assurances SF428B and Additional Program Assurances PDF (80K)
- Tribes Applying in Lieu of LEAs Sample Document PDF (80K)
- Sample Consortium Agreement PDF (254K)
- 2014 Indian Education Formula Grant Program Application Change Document PDF (101K)
(January 15, 2015)
- List of Federally Recognized Tribes
The latest list of Federally Recognized tribes as identified by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. This list was published on January 14, 2015 and remains a valid listing until the next update.
(January 14, 2015)
- Partner Support Center Available for EASIE
To contact the Partner Support Center directly for any EASIE matter please contact:
EDFacts Partner Support Center Voice: (877) 457-3336 (877-HLP-EDEN) Fax: (888) 329-3336 (888-FAX-EDEN) TTY/TDD: (888) 403-3336 (888-403-EDEN) Email: EDEN_OIE@ed.gov(January 14, 2015)
Parent Committee Roles and Responsibilities
A new Powerpoint has been prepared for use by Indian Parent Committees, as they fulfill their responsibilities with local Title VII Indian Formula Grant programs, is now available to download:
(October 1, 2012)
EASIE Part I Closing Date
Closing Date for EASIE Part I is February 27, 2015
Part I of the Formula Grant Electronic Application System for Indian Education (EASIE) opened Monday, January 26, 2015. There are 17 days left until Part I of the application process will close, on February 27th at 11:59:59 pm EST. You must certify your application before 11:59:59 p.m., Washington, DC time on Friday, February 27, 2015.
No late applications will be accepted and no exceptions will be made.*
To assist you in completing your application, links to access the Part I Webinar PowerPoint and audio recording can be found below:
Did You Know?
1. On the ED 506 Form, if the membership or enrollment number is not readily available to prove membership, the following “Other” evidence can be submitted: • Written certification by a tribal official that the individual claiming membership is an enrolled tribal member • Evidence accepted by the Department of Interior, such as a certificate of Indian blood.
2. A new ED 506 form does NOT have to be completed each year, as long as a signed form is on file and there is documentation that the student was enrolled during the count period.
3. Multi-year application improve the ability to collect data on project success, enhances long-term planning and ensures project continuity in case of staff turnover.
4. Multi-year project objectives will not have to be re-entered in Part II if there are no changes to the project objectives, activities, or coordination of services.
5. The system does not allow for certification without all required forms.
The EDFacts Partner Support Center (PSC) is available for questions between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., EST. Note: Extended support hours up to the midnight deadline will be available only on the closing date.
Annual Performance Report Resources
The Office of Indian Education has incorporated an annual performance report requirement into the EASIE application for Indian Formula grant funding. This will be included as a part of the FY 2015 formula application and will be required of all award recipients. A memo has been issued clarifying the annual performance report requirement and the responsibilites of all grantees in reporting such data. To view the memo please click on the following link:
- Annual Performance Report Memo [PDF 217K]
EASIE 2015 Part I Webinars
2015 EASIE Part I Webinar Schedule Announced
EASIE Part I of the Formula Grant Electronic Application System Webinars for 2015 will be announced later in January. In anticipation of the opening of the application process and the incorporation of new application requirements, the Office of Indian Education and the EDFacts Partner Support Center (PSC) will conduct three Webinars with identical content detailing the process of completing Part I. You must register for a session before attending. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the phone number and website link for joining the Webinar.
The dates for the Webinars are below. Registration links will be added when they become available:
Webinar #1: Thursday, January 22, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST (beginning at 1:00 p.m. CST, 12:00 noon MST and 11:00 a.m. PST).
Webinar #2: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, from 12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m. EST (beginning at 11:00 a.m. CST, 10:00 a.m. MST and 9:00 a.m. PST).
Webinar #3: Wednesday, February 4, 2015, from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. EST (beginning at 2:00 p.m. CST, 1:00 p.m. MST and 12:00 noon PST).
Voice: (877) 457-3336 (877-HLP-EDEN)
Fax: (888) 329-3336 (888-FAX-EDEN)
TTY/TDD: (888) 403-3336 (888-403-EDEN)
(January 14, 2015)