This program competes annually.
Current competition: FY 2014
Applications available: June 11, 2014
Application deadline: July 28, 2014 at 4:30:00 p.m. Washington, DC time
Estimated number of awards: 31
Federal Register Notices
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2014 dated June 11, 2014 | PDF
- Notice of Proposed Priority dated March 18, 2014 -- Comments due: April 17, 2014 | PDF
All applicants are required to submit an application online through Grants.gov. Grants.gov is a single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by federal and other grant-making agencies.
It is strongly recommended that potential applicants familiarize themselves with the Grants.gov Web site and complete the required registration well before the closing date. You can begin the registration process before the application is published on Grants.gov or while you are filling out the application. However, registration must be completed before you can submit your completed package. Please note that the registration process for organizations may take three to five days to complete. The site offers users extensive customer support options and resources for applicants.
Application packages in Grants.gov consist of two downloadable files: application instructions and the application package. To view the package, including required forms, the free Adobe Reader or compatible Acrobat Professional software must be installed on your computer.
Accessing the Application Package
- Start at the Grants.gov home page: http://www.grants.gov/.
- Find the application by Funding Opportunity Number (ED-GRANTS-061114-001) or Agency (Department of Education).
- Click on the Funding Opportunity Number which will direct you to the details, history, announcement, and application package for this grant.
- Click on Application Package. Download the application and its instructions by selecting the corresponding download link.
Applicants who are unable to submit an application through the Grants.gov system may submit a written request for a waiver of the electronic submission requirement. Requests for waivers are due at least two weeks before the application deadline date. See the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for additional details on requesting a waiver.
Page limits and acceptable fonts for grant applications. Please refer to the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for page limits and font types an applicant may use when submitting grant applications for this competition.
Tips for submitting applications electronically through Grants.gov are available.
Tips and Assistance
A pre-application webinar was held on June 12, 2014.
Additional Information for UISFL Projects:
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE)
International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE)
Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language (UISFL) Program
1990 K Street, N.W., 6th Floor
Mail Stop OPE-K-6-6078
Washington, DC 20006