Program Office : International and Foreign Language Education
CFDA Number : 84.269A
Program Type : Discretionary/Competitive Grants
Also Known As: Institute for Public Policy
The program provides a single grant to assist a consortium of colleges and universities to establish an institute designed to increase the representation of minorities in international services, including private international voluntary organizations and the U.S. Foreign Service.
Types of Projects
Activities to be implemented by the grantee include:
- a sophomore-year summer policy institute;
- a junior-year abroad program;
- a junior-year summer policy institute;
- internships-junior year, senior year, and postbaccalaureate;
- a senior language institute;
- a master's degree program in international affairs; and
- institutional grants to strengthen undergraduate international affairs programs at selected campuses.