First in the World
Current competition: FY 2015
Applications available: Monday, May 11, 2015
Application deadline: June 30, 2015
Federal Register Notices
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards; First in the World Program-Development Grants dated May 11, 2015 | PDF
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards; First in the World Program-Validation Grants dated May 11, 2015 | PDF
All applicants were required to submit an application online through Grants.gov. Grants.gov is a single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by federal and other grant-making agencies.
It was strongly recommended that potential applicants familiarize themselves with the Grants.gov Web site and complete the required registration well before the closing date. You can begin the registration process before the application is published on Grants.gov or while you are filling out the application. However, registration must be completed before you can submit your completed package. Please note that the registration process for organizations may take three to five days to complete. The site offers users extensive customer support options and resources for applicants.
Application packages in Grants.gov consist of two downloadable files: application instructions and the application package. To view the package, including required forms, the free Adobe Reader or compatible Acrobat Professional software must be installed on your computer.
Accessing the Application Package
- Start at the Grants.gov home page: http://www.grants.gov/.
- Find the application by Funding Opportunity Number or Agency (Department of Education).
- Click on the Funding Opportunity Number which will direct you to the details, history, announcement, and application package for this grant.
- Click on Application Package. Download the application and its instructions by selecting the corresponding download link.
Applicants who are unable to submit an application through the Grants.gov system may submit a written request for a waiver of the electronic submission requirement. Requests for waivers are due at least two weeks before the application deadline date. See the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for additional details on requesting a waiver.
Page limits and acceptable fonts for grant applications. Please refer to the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for page limits and font types an applicant may use when submitting grant applications for this competition.
Tips for submitting applications electronically through Grants.gov are available.
Tips and Assistance
May 2015 Webinar Information
The First in the World (FITW) Program team hosted three pre-application webinar sessions on the FY 2015 grant competition. These sessions provided an overview of the FITW program, evidence requirements, priorities, and selection criteria. We also provided information on pre- and post-award requirements and closed with key steps to successfully submitting an application.
The FITW team also hosted a pre-application webinar with the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) to discuss the evidence and evaluation requirements for the FY 2015 FITW competition.
Pre-Application Webinar with IES on May 19, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. EDT
Recording, slide presentation, and script from May 19
Peer Reviewers Needed
- Invitation to Become a Peer Reviewer MS Word (50K)
- Instructions to Register as a Peer Reviewer MS PowerPoint (3.44MB) | MS Word (41K)
Frank Frankfort, (202) 502-7513, email@example.com
Gary Thomas, (202) 502-7767, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Harris, (202) 219-7083, email@example.com
1990 K Street, N.W., 6th Floor
Mail Stop K-OPE-6-6163
Washington, DC 20006
Fax: (202) 502-7877