Current Competition: FY 2011
Application Available: March 25, 2011
Deadline for Transmitting Applications: April 25, 2011
Federal Register Notices
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2011 dated March 25, 2011 | PDF
The FY 2011 competition is now closed -- deadline: April 25, 2011. The archived application below should be used for reference only.
- FY 2011 Grant Application (archived) for the Erma Byrd Scholarship Program MS Word (303K) | PDF (208K)
Tips and Assistance
Note To Applicants
In order for your Erma Byrd Scholarship Program application to be considered, you must meet the following criteria, as discussed in the application package. If you do not meet all of the criteria listed below, we will be unable to consider your application.
- U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Pursuing a degree in mining and mineral engineering, industrial engineering, occupational safety and health technology/technician, quality control technology/technician, industrial safety technology/technician, hazardous materials information systems technology/technician, mining technology/technician, or occupational health and industrial hygiene
- Within two years of completing an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate degree at an accredited U.S. institution of higher education
As part of your application package, your Social Security Number must be submitted to the U.S. Department of Education via postal mail using the form on page 35 of the application package. For security reasons, DO NOT submit this form via e-mail with the rest of your application.
Telephone: (202) 219-7138