Application Deadline: Closed
Applications for grants under this program must be submitted electronically using Grants.gov .
Please see the URGENT MESSAGE ABOUT Grants.gov for information to applicants regarding the importance of registering early for the grants.gov process.
For printed applications contact:
Education Publications Center (ED Pubs),
P.O. Box 1398, Jessup, MD 20794-1398,
Telephone (toll free): 1-877-433-7827, fax (301) 470-1244.
If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) you may call (toll free) 1-877-576-7734.
Web site: http://www.edpubs.ed.gov/webstore/Content/search.asp.
To see a list of grants that the Department offers and their proposed application publication date, please view the Forecast of Funding Opportunities.
You can also check the Guide to US Department of Education Programs at http://www.ed.gov/programs/gtep/index.html to keep abreast of the Department's grant programs. This is published annually in hard copy, but the website is updated each month.
Urgent Message About Grants.gov
Applicants for this program competition must use the new government-wide website, Grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov), to apply. This will replace last year's requirement that applicants use the U.S. Department of Education's e-Grants system. Please note that the Grants.gov site works differently than the U.S. Department of Education's e-Application System.
Register Early:: Grants.gov registration may take five or more days to complete. You must be fully registered to submit an application. Please follow the detailed Step-by-Step instructions on the Grants.gov Get Started page (http://www.grants.gov/applicants/get_registered.jsp) or in the Grants.gov Registration brochure to:
To avoid long delays, verify that your registration is being processed. Contact Grants.gov customer support daily until you are registered.
Grants.gov Support: For help with Grants.gov, please call 1-800-518-4726 or use the customer support available on the website.
Register Your Organization
- Obtain your organization's Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number
- Register your organization with Central Contractor Registry (CCR)
- Identify your organization's E-Business POC (Point of Contact)
- Confirm your organization's CCR "Marketing Partner ID Number (M-PIN)" password
Register Yourself as an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR)
- Obtain your username and password
- Register your username and password with Grants.gov
Get Yourself Authorized as an AOR
- Contact your E-Business POC to ensure your AOR status
- Log in to Grants.gov to check your AOR status
Download the Pure Edge Viewer: To download and complete the application, you will need to have the Pure Edge Viewer software on your computer. It is free and easy to download from Grants.gov. You may need to allow time for approval from your organization to download this software. This step should be completed before the competition is announced in the Federal Register.
Submit Early: Do not wait until the last day to submit your application! To submit successfully, you must enter the DUNS number in the application that your organization used when it registered with the CCR.
For more information to help you with Grants.gov, please see the brochure titled, "Grants.gov is as Easy as 1, 2, 3."
You will want to ensure your application is submitted (i.e. has a date/time stamp from Grants.gov before 4:30 pm on the deadline date) AND that the application is processed and validated successfully. Grants.gov processing times may vary, so you need to allow at least 3 days for any unanticipated problems with your submission. If Grants.gov rejects your application, you will need to resubmit before the deadline date and time.
Federal Register Notices
Other Required Forms
You will also need to download the following required Federal forms:
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- ED80-0013--Certifications Regarding Lobbying; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- ED80-0014--Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion -- Lower Tier Covered Transactions
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Survey on Ensuring Equal Opportunity for Applicants