Organizations and Government Agencies
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services—Administration on Developmental Disabilities
- U.S. Department of Justice—Disability Rights Section
- U.S. Department of Education—Office for Civil Rights
- Advisory Commission of Accessible Instructional Materials in Postsecondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Federal Student Aid Eligibility
- U.S. Department of Education—Federal Student Aid (FSA) Approved Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary (CTP) Programs
- DisabilityInfo.gov is an online Federal resource with information of interest to people with disabilities, their families, employers, service providers, and other community members.
- Association on Higher Education and Disability
- The U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights pamphlet entitled, "Students With Disabilities: Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities."
- Best Buddies International, Inc.
- The Work Site—Social Security Administration's Office of Employment Support Programs
- HEATH Resource Center
MERLOT is a leading-edge, user-centered, searchable collection of peer-reviewed higher education, online learning materials created by registered members and a set of faculty development support services. MERLOT's vision is to be a premier online community where faculty, staff, and students from around the world share their learning materials and pedagogy.
MERLOT's strategic goal is to improve the effectiveness of teaching and learning by increasing the quantity and quality of peer-reviewed online learning materials that can be easily incorporated into faculty-designed courses.
Publications and Legislation
- Auxiliary Aids and Services for Postsecondary Students with Disabilities, Higher Education's Obligations Under Section 504 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Report to Congress Covering Fiscal Years 1999-2008
MS Word (522K) | PDF (498K)
- Forecast of Funding Opportunities Under the Department of Education Discretionary Grant Programs
- Field Reader or Peer Reviewer Registration:
The OPE Field Reader Application Form is available if you would like to review applications for the Demonstration Projects to Ensure Students With Disabilities Receive a Quality Higher Education program grant competitions. The registration form can be obtained at http://opeweb.ed.gov/frs.
- Office of Postsecondary Education Applicant and Grantee Resources