In Fiscal Year 2009, the Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE) awarded eight grants to Native Hawaiian Career and Technical Education Program (NHCTEP) projects. The grants were funded for three years and extended for an additional year. The projects are in their final year of funding.
- Alu Like, Inc.Castle High School, Health Transitions Project, $292,192
- Alu Like, Inc.Honolulu Community College, Transitions Project, $391,421
- Alu Like, Inc.Leeward Community College, Career Transitions & Transfers Project, $379,774
- Alu Like, Inc.Kapi`olani Community College, Health Careers & Work Experience Project, $350,508
- Alu Like, Inc.Hawai`i Community College, Digital Media Arts Bridge $320,833
- Alu Like, Inc.Hawai`i Technology Institute, Allied Health Career, $468,219
- Waianae District Comprehensive Health and Hospital Board, Inc. (partner - University of Hawaii), $546,309
- Saint Louis School, $153,022
Number of awards-1 grantee- ALU-Like, Inc.-a consortium with 8 individual projects.
$2,956,000 for first 12 months of 24-month period
2006Number of New Awards Anticipated: 0
Number of Continuation Awards: 1
2003Number of New Awards Anticipated: 15
Average Award: $66,667
Range of Awards: $12,000 - $300,000