Charter Schools Program Non-State Educational Agencies (Non-SEA) Dissemination Grant
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) (20 U.S.C. 7221a)
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations
- Charter Schools Program Non-Regulatory Guidance
MS Word(203 KB)
- Title I Requirements on Charter Schools Non-Regulatory Guidance
MS Word (185KB)
- Allocating Funds to Charter Schools
- Diversity Guidance PDF (218KB)
Grant regulations related to this program can be found in parts 74, 75, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 82, 84, 85, 97, 98, and 99.
The non-regulatory guidance addresses questions the Department receives regarding various provisions of the CSP statute and provides examples of ways to implement it.
The impact of Title I requirements (under the No Child Left Behind Act) on charter schools addresses issues relating to charter school accountability and charter school lotteries.
Guidance on how State and Local Education Agencies allocate funds to charter schools that are opening for the first time or significantly expanding their enrollment.
Guidance on the voluntary use of race to achieve diversity and avoid racial isolation in elementary and secondary school from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
- The Office of Innovation and Improvement’s Oversight and Monitoring of the Charter Schools Program’s Planning and Implementation Grants
- Charter Schools: Additional Attention Needed to Help Protect Access for Students with Disabilities
- Report on Charter Schools on Military Installations
Office of the Inspector General: Final Audit Report published September 2012
United States Government Accountability Office: Report to Congressional Requesters published June 2012
- Example Notice Inviting Application for Non-State Educational Agencies (CFDA 84.282BC)
- The link to the 2012 notice that appeared in the Federal Register and provided information about the grant application is:
This example notice inviting application provides detailed information about the Non-State Educational Agency Charter Schools Program grant (CFDA 84.282BC). For up to date information on this grant competition and any current notices please visit http://www.grants.gov and search under CFDA 84.282 for current opportunities.
Last Modified: 01/28/2014