Charter Schools Program State Educational Agencies (SEA) Grant
The U.S. Department of Education’s Charter Schools Program (CSP) has just announced the 2015 CSP Grants for SEAs competition. This program is a competitive grant program that enables SEAs to provide financial assistance, through subgrants to eligible applicants, for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of charter schools and to support the dissemination of information about, including successful practices in, charter schools. Descriptions of the previous grantees from 2010, 2011, and 2012 can be found on the awards page.
In 2015, the Department plans to use up to $116,000,000 for this competition, and estimates making 12 awards (the Department is not bound by any estimates).
Applications are due by July 16, 2015, at 4:30:00 p.m. (Washington DC time), and must be submitted through Grants.gov. Applicants must register at Grants.gov prior to submitting an application. The registration process can take up to several weeks if all steps are not completed accurately or in a timely manner.
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: July 16, 2015
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: August 14, 2015
FY2015 Application Information
- Pre-Application Meeting: A pre-application meeting will be held via webinar on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Washington, DC time). Individuals interested in attending this meeting should register here. There is no registration fee for participating in this meeting. For further information about the pre-application meeting, contact Kathryn Meeley by phone, (202)453-6818, or by email, Kathryn.Meeley@ed.gov.
- Application Submission: Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov/. Please do not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
- Registering on Grants.gov: The Grants.gov registration process takes approximately 5 business days to complete, but Grants.gov recommends allowing several weeks to complete all steps. You may begin working on your application while completing the registration process, but you cannot submit an application until all of the registration steps are complete. For detailed information on the registration steps, please go to: https://apply07.grants.gov/apply/OrcRegister.
- Application Package: Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only. The application package that must be submitted can be found on the grants.gov website. MS Word (633 KB) | PDF (701 KB)
- Hard Copy Applications: For hard copy application packages, contact:
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Ave., SW.
Washington, DC 20202-5970
Phone: (202) 453-6818
Other Required Forms
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- ED 80-0013--Certifications Regarding Lobbying; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Narrative addressing GEPA Section 427
Federal Register Forms
- The 2015 SEA Notice Inviting Applications can be found here.
To learn more about the previous competition, please visit the below link.