Charter Schools Program Grants for Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools
On December 10, 2015, the President signed into law the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Public Law No. 114-95, which reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), as amended by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB). Under section 5 of ESSA, CSP grants awarded in FY 2016 and earlier years will operate in accordance with the requirements of the ESEA, as amended by NCLB, and any continuation awards applicable to these grants also will operate in accordance with such requirements.
- Title V, Part B, Subpart 1 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA), Section 5201 - 5211 (20 U.S.C. 7221-7221)
- The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016 (Division H, Pub. L. 114-113) PDF (1.84 KB)
- Charter School Program Assurances for Replication and Expansion Grantees PDF (86KB)
- 2011 Notice of Final Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria; Charter Schools Program Grants for Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools (76 FR 40898)
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200)
- Uniform Guidance Technical Assistance for Grantees. (Uniform Guidance TA)
- Dear Colleague Letter - Guidance and Federal Resources on Appropriate and Effective Oversight of Public Charter Schools (September 2015) PDF (317 KB)
- Charter Schools Program Nonregulatory Guidance (updated January 2014) MS Word (203 KB)
- CSP Guidance On the Use of Funds to Support Preschool Education (December, 2014) MS Word (45 KB)
- Guidance on the Voluntary Use of Race to Achieve Diversity and Avoid Racial Isolation in Elementary and Secondary Schools (December 2011) PDF (168 KB)
- Guidance Letter on Lottery Exemptions and Awards to Multiple Charter Schools Operating under a Single Charter (February 2008) PDF (1.4 MB)
- Title I Requirements on Charter Schools Non-Regulatory Guidance (July 2004) MS Word (739 KB)
- Allocating Funds to Charter Schools (December 2000) PDF (543 KB)
- Notice Inviting Applications – Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools (84.282M)*
- Pre-application Technical Assistance
*For up to date information on this grant program and any future or current notices please visit http://www.grants.gov and search under CFDA 84.282 for current opportunities.
**Please note the FY 2016 CSP Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools notice inviting applications includes two errors, which have been corrected in a recent Federal Register notice, published on May 17, 2016. The pre-application webinar will be held on May 24, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. (Washington DC time), rather than what is stated in the Notice Inviting Applications. In addition, the deadline for the transmittal of applications will be June 24, 2016 at 4:30:00 p.m. (Washington DC time), rather than what is stated in the Notice Inviting Applications.