Charter Schools Program Grants for Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools
The U.S. Department of Education’s Charter Schools Program has just announced the 2014 CSP Grants Competition for Replication and Expansion. This program is designed to assist non-profit charter management organizations, and other entities that are not for-profit entities, in replicating or expanding high-quality charter schools with demonstrated records of success. Applicants must have experience operating more than one high-quality charter school. Descriptions of the previous grantees from 2010 - 2012 can be found at http://www2.ed.gov/programs/charter-rehqcs/awards.html.
In 2014, the Department plans to use up to $26,500,000 for this competition, and estimates making between 14 and 19 awards (the Department is not bound by any estimates).
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: July 21, 2014
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: October 3, 2014
FY2014 APPLICATION INFORMATION
A pre-application meeting for prospective applicants will be held via webinar on June 26, 2014, from 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. Washington DC time. For those interested in attending, please RSVP to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov/. Please do not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
The Grants.gov registration process takes approximately 5 business days to complete, but Grants.gov recommends allowing several weeks to complete all steps. You may begin working on your application while completing the registration process, but you cannot submit an application until all of the registration steps are complete. For detailed information on the registration steps, please go to: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/applicants/organization-registeration.html.
For printed applications, contact:
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Ave., SW.
Washington, DC 20202-5970
Phone: (202) 453-5617
OTHER REQUIRED FORMS
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- ED 80-0013--Certifications Regarding Lobbying; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Narrative addressing GEPA Section 427
FEDERAL REGISTER NOTICE
The 2014 Notice Inviting Applications can be found here.