ARTS IN EDUCATION NATIONAL PROGRAM
ATTENTION APPLICANTS UNDER THE ARTS IN EDUCATION NATIONAL PROGRAM—CFDA 84.351F (OFFICE OF INNOVATION AND IMPROVEMENT)
Shutdown of Central Contractor Registration and Opening of the System for Awards Management for Registration
On Tuesday July 24, at 11:59 pm, Central Contractor Registration (CCR) stopped accepting data, including requests for new registrations. The System for Awards Management (SAM) will not begin accepting data until July 30, 2012. This shutdown will have no bearing on the capacity of any entity that was properly registered in CCR on Tuesday July 24, 2012 from filing its application electronically under the Arts in Education National Program (CFDA 84.351F).
However, an applicant that was not properly registered in CCR as of Tuesday July 24 would not be able to file electronically by the competition due date. In light of these circumstances, we are waiving the requirement for electronic submission in these competitions for those applicants, and only those applicants, that are not registered in CCR on the date on which their applications are due. This waiver will be applied in the following manner:
All applicants must meet the submission deadline as described in the Notice Inviting Applications (NIA). No late applications will be accepted unless the conditions specified in the NIA apply.
Applicants currently registered in CCR must file electronically, unless they have received a waiver of the electronic filing requirement for other reasons.
Allow applicants that contact the department saying that they are/were unable to file electronically because of the CCR shutdown an opportunity to file by hand-delivery, mail or email.
For applicants who wish to email the application. The application must be in PDF format and include all files necessary for a complete application. They must submit the narrative and all required supporting documents. The application must be complete by the original submission deadline. Files should be named as follows: CDFA#_applicantname_file#of#.pdf. The e-mail to which the application is being sent needs to be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
For applicants who wish to send the application by mail, FED EX or USPS, they should follow the submission instructions as described in the program’s NIA.
The Department will confirm that an applicant seeking to take advantage of this waiver is not registered in CCR. Any applicant who notified the Department of its need for a waiver, but is in fact registered in CCR, will, unless they have received a waiver for an electronic waiver requested for another, have to file electronically through grants.gov.
Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: July 30, 2012 at 4:30 p.m., Washington, DC time.
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: September 28, 2012
FY2012 Application Information
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov/. Please do not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
- Grants.gov registration may take five or more business days to complete. You may begin working on your application while completing the registration process, but you cannot submit an application until all of the registration steps are complete. For detailed information on the registration steps, please go to: http://www.grants.gov/applicants/organization_registration.jsp. Note: Your organization will need to update its Central Contractor Registry (CCR) registration annually.
For printed applications, contact:
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW,
Washington, DC 20202-5950
Telephone: (202) 260-1280
Other Required Forms
You will also need to download the following required Federal forms:
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance
(Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- ED80-0013--Certifications Regarding Lobbying; Debarment, Suspension and Other Responsibility Matters; and Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Survey on Ensuring Equal Opportunity for Applicants
The Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 is found at: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/06/15/2012-14732/applications-for-new-awards-arts-in-education-national-program.