Forms can be found at http://www2.ed.gov/fund/grant/apply/appforms/appforms.html
e-APPLICATIONS are available at: http://www.grants.gov
For printed applications contact: Education Publications Center (ED Pubs), P.O. Box 1398, Jessup, MD 20794-1398, Telephone (toll free): 1-877-433-7827, fax (301) 470-1244. If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) you may call (toll free) 1-877-576-7734. Web site: http://www.edpubs.ed.gov/webstore/Content/search/asp. firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information contact:
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, room 3E335
LBJ Federal Building
Washington, DC 20202-6200
Telephone: (202) 260-1979
E-mail: Almita Reed
Deadline to submit full application: April 21, 2014
Deadline to request a waiver for electronic submission: April 7, 2014
Federal Register Notices
APPLICATION TRANSMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS
Attention Electronic Applicants: This program requires the electronic submission of applications--specific requirements and instructions can be found in the Federal Register notice. Please note that you must follow the Application Procedures as described in the Federal Register notice announcing the grant competition.
We will reject your application if you submit it in paper format unless, as described in the Federal Register notice for this competition, you qualify for one of the exceptions to the electronic submission requirement and submit, no later than two weeks before the application deadline date, a written statement to the Department that you qualify for one of these exceptions.
Applications Submitted Electronically Applications for grants under this program must be submitted electronically using the Government-wide Grants.gov Apply site at http://www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
Your application must be fully uploaded and submitted and must be date and time stamped by the Grants.gov system no later than 4:30:00 p.m., Washington, DC time, on the application deadline date. Except as otherwise noted in Federal Register notice for this competition, we will not consider your application if it is date and time stamped by the Grants.gov system later than 4:30:00 p.m., Washington, DC time, on the application deadline date.
You should review and follow the Education Submission Procedures for submitting an application through Grants.gov that are included in this application package to ensure that you submit your application in a timely manner to the Grants.gov system.
Please note the following:
- You must attach any narrative sections of your application as files in a .pdf (Portable Document) format. If you upload a file type other than a .pdf file, or submit a password-protected file, we will not review that material.
- Grants.gov cannot process an application that includes two or more files that have the same name within a grant submission.
- When attaching files, applicants should limit the size of their file names. Lengthy file names could result in difficulties with opening and processing your application. We recommend your file names be less than 50 characters. The amount of time it can take to upload an application will vary depending on a variety of factors, including the size of the application and the speed of your Internet connection. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you do not wait until the application deadline date to begin the submission process through Grants.gov.
- Your electronic application must comply with any page-limit requirements described in this application package.
- If you are experiencing problems submitting your application through Grants.gov, please contact the Grants.gov Support Desk, toll free, at 1-800-518-4726. You must obtain a Grants.gov Support Desk Case Number and must keep a record of it.
According to the instructions found in the Federal Register notice, only those requesting and qualifying for an Exception to the electronic submission requirement may submit an application via mail, commercial carrier or by hand delivery.
Technical Assistance Conference Calls
To assist applicants in preparing the application and to respond to questions, the Department will host two (2) technical assistance conference calls/webinar sessions. The first call is scheduled on Thursday, March 13, 2014 from 2pm – 3pm (Washington DC time) and the second call will take place on Wednesday, March 25, 2014 from 2pm – 3pm (Washington DC time).
To participate in the call, please send e-mail stating your interest in participating in the ANE technical assistance conference call to ANEWebinar@seiservices.com Please include "Alaska Native Conference Call" in the subject line. Once you have registered, you will receive specific information and instructions on joining the call.